Accident prevention: ideal concept and workplace condition but how do you make that happen? Project Management and Safety Professionals are faced with this challenge at all of their work locations.
How do you prevent accidents from happening versus responding to them after they do?
PM VitalsTM has created a suite of software tools called Vital InSiteTM to assist leadership teams in creating an accident free work place with the utilization observational based prevention strategies.
“In field” observation and intervention is the foundation of any prevention strategy. Some times this is not too difficult especially if the work tasks remain consistent. However, in industries, such as construction, this can be extremely challenging due to the transient nature of the work.
Regardless of industry, if work task observations and intervention are performed properly, accident potentials can be identified, eliminated and communicated to prevent future occurrence. However, the benefits do not stop there.
If observational data and intervention results are accurately documented in a consistent and retrievable manner, this information can be successfully used to:
- Perform Trend Analysis: recognizing task failures and successes for in order to develop task specific and effective injury prevention campaigns,
- Evaluate training methodologies to determine whether the work task operations are being performed in accordance with planning expectations,
- Provide feedback to all members of the job task with:
- Positive lessons learned to enhance similar work activities and validate pre-job planning and,
- Negative lessons from poor work task performance. This feedback is critical in determining the effectiveness of a work task process and determining how to remedy identified issues,
- Accurately develop Corrective Action Plans to correct identified deficiencies and track them to ensure the actions are adequately corrected and done so in a timely manner,
- Evaluate actual job site events to field observations. This metric is a strong indicator of the effectiveness of the safety system and its implementation.
Now back to the real world. It is highly probable that there is not a project manager or safety professional that does not agree with performing all of the observations, analysis, training and communication….just makes sense.
However, performing all of these tasks without assistance would most likely become overwhelming. Some systems can demand multiple data entries or hours at the computer to make all of this happen.
But, what if you could complete the observations “in field” with a computer notebook and after that, the computer performed all of the analysis, report writing and communications as previously suggested. Too go to be true?
The Vital InSiteTM cloud-based software does exactly that!
The “end user,” with the ability to capture observations electronically, can manage the data to create the desired reports for evaluation, training and communicating at all levels associated with the work tasks.
Vital InSiteTM works for Construction, General Industry or Project specific applications.
These reports can be customized to provide management with “real time” evaluations of their Project Safety Culture and the effectiveness of their Safety Management System.
The results can be astounding:
- You can identify problem locations, non-compliant subcontracting teams, or specific work tasks creating most of the problems or customize your are of interest,
- Efficiently allocate resources to the areas of significant risk or consistent problem: management, training, moral,
- Provide senior management, clientele or regulators with evidence of fulfillment of project specific requirements or statutory law,
- Exceptional demonstration of worker involvement and feedback highly demanded in programs such as ISMS, VPP Star, or ISO Certification,
- Demonstrate management commitment by making a “field presence” or “walking the walk,” with the workers performing the tasks.
We are confident that the Vital InSiteTM suite can provide you the necessary tools to implement an effective and sustainable field observation program for your Project, Office, Factory or Region. It has the flexibility to custom design the data output to your specific work to ensure insights are relevant and drive the right safety culture.
Vital InSiteTM can provide you with “World Class” evidence of your effective implementation of an observational based safety strategy.